CITY OF POMPANO BEACH
COVID-19 EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM is now OPEN
What is this program?
In an effort to assist residential renters who have experienced a loss of income as a direct result of COVID- 19, the
Office of Housing and Urban Improvement has developed the COVID-19 Emergency Rental Assistance
This program is designed to assist eligible households with payment of their rent for one (1) to three (3) months.
The amount of assistance is capped at $4,000.00/month. Assistance will be provided directly to the landlord
(owner of property).
Assistance will be provided on a first-ready, first-served basis and a limited number of applications will be accepted
based on funding availability.
What requirements need to be met in order to apply*
• The dwelling unit must be located within the City of Pompano Beach.
• Landlord must provide proof of ownership of the property and there must be an active rental agreement or lease in
the applicant’s name.
• The rent must have been current as of March 27, 2020.
• Documentation of financial hardship (ex: loss of income, unexpected medical bill, unexpected car repair, etc.)
• The applicant must be able to document a loss of income as a direct result of COVID19.
• The household income must be at or below the following Area Median Income Level (AMI). To estimate
your household income, multiply your gross monthly income by 12.
See if you qualify: